• This was Kaz Grala’s first NASCAR Xfinity Series start at Texas Motor Speedway
• Grala experienced a flat left-rear tire just prior to the stage-two conclusion
• The NETTTS Ford Mustang experienced damage on lap 100 when a crash in front of Grala forced him off the track and into the grass, damaging the car’s splitter
• The JGL Racing crew was able to repair the damage to the No. 24 to allow Grala to finish the race, but the car was no longer able to make competitive lap times
• The 19-year-old currently sits 13th in the driver point standings
QUOTES “Today was a frustrating and draining day; it seemed like everything that could go wrong, did. We made huge swings at our NETTTS Ford Mustang following yesterday’s two practice sessions, which really improved our speed. Unfortunately, we ran over some debris during the caution just prior to the end of the second stage, which forced us to make an additional pit stop and negated the great pit strategy call by my crew chief, Shane Wilson. After the start of the next stage, the No. 19 and No. 39 spun right in front of me and forced me off the track and into the grass, which caused a lot of damage to our car. My guys did a really good job of getting our car fixed up enough to get back on track to finish the race, but we were just limping along at that point. It’s disappointing that we had as much bad luck as we did, but we never gave up. We’re only one point below the Playoff cut line, so we need to come back strong at Bristol.”
JGL RACING JGL Racing fields two entries in the NASCAR Xfinity Series as it continues its growth in the NASCAR arena. Led by successful entrepreneur James Whitener, the Denver, North Carolina-based team prides itself in its proven product both on and off the track. The team charged into the 2018 season with a manufacturer switch to Ford and a technical alliance with Roush Fenway Racing. 19-year-old racer Kaz Grala pilots the team’s No. 24 Ford Mustang, while Dylan Lupton will be behind the wheel of the No. 28 Ford Mustang for a majority of the season. For more information, visit www.JGLRacing.com.
CONTACT Jessica Trippy JGL Racing E-mail: JTrippy@JGLRacing.com Phone: (312) 933-7883