• This was Kaz Grala’s first-career start at Auto Club Speedway
• Grala’s starting position (12th) was JGL’s best of 2018
• Grala was scored 18th or better for the entire race, running in the top 15 for most of the event
• Grala experienced a lap-last crash amidst a three-car battle while crossing the finish line
• The 19-year-old currently sits 12th in the driver point standings
QUOTE “Today was a pretty solid day for our JGL Racing team. We had an exceptional long-run car that we could really make moves with on the top. We probably should have gotten a top-12 finish again this week, but unfortunately, we lost a couple spots with the incident on the last lap. I hate that the damage to my NETTTS Ford Mustang is going to keep my guys busy over the off weeks, but I’m really proud of their efforts today and on the entire West Coast swing.”
JGL RACING JGL Racing fields two entries in the NASCAR Xfinity Series as it continues its growth in the NASCAR arena. Led by successful entrepreneur James Whitener, the Denver, North Carolina-based team prides itself in its proven product both on and off the track. The team charged into the 2018 season with a manufacturer switch to Ford and a technical alliance with Roush Fenway Racing. 19-year-old racer Kaz Grala pilots the team’s No. 24 Ford Mustang, while Dylan Lupton will be behind the wheel of the No. 28 Ford Mustang for a majority of the season. For more information, visit www.JGLRacing.com.
Jessica Trippy JGL Racing E-mail: JTrippy@JGLRacing.com Phone: (312) 933-7883